East York Farmers’ Market, May 14 – November 5. Tuesdays, 8am-2pm. East York Civic Centre, 850 Coxwell Avenue at the corner of Coxwell and Mortimer Avenue. The east end market returns for its spring, summer, and fall season this week!
- Check out Ate by Ate’s East York farmers’ market post nearly 2 summers ago featuring little heirloom tomatoes and adorable baby eggplants!
Hands-On Sushi at the LCBO Bayview Village, May 15. 6pm-8pm. 2901 Bayview Ave. at the LCBO Bayview Village. $75 +HST/person; to register and book tickets, please visit the participating location. Be a sushi chef for the night at this fun, hands-on class where participants will make their own maki, nigiri, sushi rice and more! http://www.lcbo.com/learn/cookingclasses_bayview.shtml
Brewers Backyard – Queen Victoria’s Secret at Evergreen Brick Works, May 20. 12pm-4pm. 550 Bayview Ave. at Koerner Gardens and Holcim Gallery. Cost of food: $6 for food, $6 for beer. Event is open to all ages, but folks must be 19+ to purchase and drink beer. Kick start the summer season and celebrate the long weekend at Evergreen Brick Works with the return of Brewers Backyard! Brewers Backyard is your chance to learn everything you’ve ever wanted to know about Ontario beer with tastings, pairings, and plenty of fun events and promotions. Everything is hush-hush for this kick-off but organizers can tell us that there will be beer from Great Lakes, Oast House, the Granite Brewery and more, as well as yummy eats from FeasTO! http://ebw.evergreen.ca/cal/event/brewers-backyard-beers-from-Torontos-Backyard
- Ate by Ate’s Evergreen Brick Works posts: https://atebyatescrapbooking.wordpress.com/category/farmers-market-2/evergreen-brick-works/
- Website: http://brewersbackyard.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BreweryMarket
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/brewmarket
Victoria Day Tea at Montgomery’s Inn, May 20. 1pm-4pm. 4709 Dundas St. West, Etobicoke. $10/person which also includes a tour of the historic inn (no registration required; the tea is first come, first served). Enjoy fresh baked bread, tea, and English-style treats at this sweet tea! http://www.toronto.ca/culture/museums/featured-events.htm#montgomery
Vintage Vegan Victoriana: A Rusholme Park Supper Club at The Depanneur, May 20. 7:30pm. 1033 College Street. $40+HST/person. The fab Emily Zimmerman is back at The Dep for a vintage vegan Victorian dinner party feast! Travel back in time during the holiday weekend and dine in vintage style with a 5-course vegan meal with plenty of vintage recipes and menu items reminiscent of a Victorian household that you’ll enjoy with fellow food-lovers and great company. Emily brings the style of a Victorian dinner party to the Dep without the fuss and muss: julienne soup, baked mushrooms with smoked black pepper and lemon, seitan roast with garlic, cumin, fenugreek and parsley, spring tart, Sussex Pond pudding with gunpowder green tea cream. http://thedepanneur.ca/event/supper-club-vintage-vegan-victoriana-by-emily-zimmerman/
- Ate by Ate’s posts on The Depanneur (even though they no longer run the daytime cafe, you might be able to see some of these goodies at a weekend brunch! Not to mention I just enjoy writing about them so I think you should all read these posts anyway! https://atebyatescrapbooking.wordpress.com/category/cafe-hopping/the-depanneur/
- Website: http://thedepanneur.ca/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/493944604006077/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheDepanneur