Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale – Toronto (TVA), April 27. 1pm-4pm. 17 Baldwin Street (2nd floor) at the Toronto Vegetarian Association, Vegetarian Resource Centre. FREE; cost of food for donation on-site. Participants of the Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale promote delicious, cruelty-free food while raising money for the community cause. Come by for vegan baked goods (we hear there will be marble cupcakes, macaroons, donuts and much more!) and for the collection of vegetarian cookbooks for sale and on loan from the resource library!
*PLUS!* Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale – Toronto (The CookBook Store), April 27, 2pm-4pm. 850 Yonge Street.
- Website: http://www.veganbakesale.org/veganbakesale/vbs-where.html#canada
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/veganbakesale
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/wwveganbakesale
- Website: http://veg.ca/2013/04/16/celebrate-the-worldwide-vegan-bake-sale-at-tva/
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/torontoveg
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TorontoVeg
Gluten Free Garage: The Sequel, April 28. 10am-4pm. Artscape Wychwood Barns at 601 Christie Street (covered street barn). $10 for adults, children 12 and under FREE (proceeds go to the Canadian Celiac Association); cost of food and merchandise on-site. The Gluten Free Garage is back for its sophomore year! With food and vendors galore in support of celiac disease research and initiatives, the Gluten Free Garage is a market event featuring bakeries, food services, and restaurants; samples from merchants and vendors; health and lifestyle information, resources, and support about gluten-intolerance and gluten-free living; guest speakers and health experts; coupons and more!
- Website: http://glutenfreegarage.ca/
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gluten-Free-Garage/351963754834385?fref=ts
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Glu10FreeGarage
Craft Beer Tasting Menu with Kendra Simmonds: A Rusholme Park Supper Club at The Depanneur, April 28. 7:30pm; 8pm dinner. 1033 College Street. $40+HST/person. Calling all beer lovers! This fantastic tasting menu incorporates both locally brewed craft beers and savoury eats for a mouthwatering experience, fusing different flavours and ingredients to create new and interesting tastes and dishes.
Menu includes beer bread crostini with beer-infused cheddar sauce; a deconstructed beer salad incorporating malt, barley, wheat grass and more; pork and beer two ways! Beer-brined pork loin in a beer reduction, and beer-glazed pork belly, both served with fresh spring market vegetables; and to end the meal, a sweet taste of beer-battered crepes!
- Website: http://thedepanneur.ca/event/supper-club-craft-beer-tasting-menu-by-kendra-simmonds/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/527791670600215/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheDepanneur
Better Living Food Truck Festival, May 3. 3pm-7pm. 1 Overland Drive by Shops at Don Mills just off of Don Mills and Lawrence. FREE; cost of food and drink on-site. Presented by Better Living Health & Community Services, come on out and take part in the food truck craze that has taken the city, province and nation by storm! Enjoy some of the city’s most popular and beloved food trucks at this event including Smoke’s Poutinerie, Stuft Gourmet Sausages, The Feisty Jack, and drinks at the Bier Markt!
- Website: http://www.betterlivinghealth.org/content/food-truck-festival
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BetterLiving
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/mybetterliving
*TICKETS NOW ON SALE!*
Toronto Underground Market at Evergreen Brick Works, May 4. 5pm-10pm. 550 Bayview Ave. $22.60 + $2.50 service charge for general admission + cost of food and drink on-site at the event. 19+ only. The Toronto Underground Market is special, monthly event that aims to bring our community together via food pathways by uncovering and illuminating hidden culinary talent within our city. TUM offers food entrepreneurs and budding chefs a platform to share their food and stories, as well as an avenue to promote local food and businesses. The market is social in nature, where food is eaten and consumed in a communal setting and where guests are encouraged to eat, talk, and mingle with chefs and other dinner guests.
- Website: http://yumtum.ca/index.html
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TOundrgroundmkt
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TOundrgroundmkt
- Blog: http://blog.yumtum.ca/