The GridTO Burger Week, May 29 – June 1. All across the city at different restaurants, burger joints, bistros and more! $5 for all Burger Week burger specials. Calling all burger lovers! Whether it’s good old fashioned beef, chicken, pulled pork, beef brisket, veggie tofu or bison, this week is what burger dreams are made of! 64 participating locations in the city including The Good Fork, Hey Meatball, The Gladstone Hotel, The Emerson and The Stockyards among many others will be dishing out one-time only special burgers on their menu for $5 during Burger Week! Enjoy all sorts of different burgers with smoked sauces, cheese, salsas, mayos and so much more. In addition, E11even and Frank are both offering special “Black Tie” burgers ($13 and $17 respectively) where $5 from each Black Tie burger will go towards The Stop Community Food Centre
The GridTO Burger Day, June 2. 11am-5:30pm. 76 Wychwood Ave. at Artscape Wychwood Barns. $30 for all-you-can-eat sliders. If you thought Burger Week was awesome, try the finale: all Burger Week restaurant participants will be joining forces at Wychwood Barns for an all-you-can-eat, gut-busting, droolworthy slider extravaganza! All Burger Week burgers will be transformed into oh-so-cute and oh-so-tasty sliders at the event for everyone to nosh on to celebrate the end to a burger-iffic week.
- Website: http://www.thegriddoes.com/food-booze/burger-week/week/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheGridTO #BurgerWeek
Cones for the Community, June 1. 12pm-5pm. At 74 participating Baskin-Robbins locations! Click website below for locations and details. $0.31 scoops (limit 3 per customer). Baskin-Robbins is back with their annual Cones for the Community event where line-ups around the block come as no surprise! As part of a month-long program in support of SickKids Foundation and The Hospital for Sick Children, Baskin-Robbins locations will be collecting in-store donations all month long. This event is meant to promote the cause and give thanks back to the folks and communities who have made it possible for Baskin-Robbins to continue their fundraising and support.
- Website: http://www.baskinrobbins.ca/en/2013/05/03/cones-for-the-community/
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BaskinRobbinsCanada
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/BR31Canada @BR31Canada
Eats & Beats in Riverside, June 1. 1pm-6pm. In the Riverside District neighbourhood on Queen Street East from the Don Valley Parkway bridge (Queen-Broadview Village) to just past Degrassi Street. FREE; cost of food on-site in shops and vendors. Come celebrate the beautiful, cultural dynamo that is Riverside District at Eats & Beats! Riverside is a foodie district in its own right so for this special event, food shops and vendors will be opening their doors with special tasting places and food for the event and live music and entertainment will be filtering through the streets for one fun and delicious afternoon!
- Website: http://www.riverside-to.com/
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RiversideDistrict
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/RiversideBIA @RiversideBIA
Liberty Village Farmers’ Market, June 2 – October 27. Sundays, 9am-2pm. Green P parking lot on East Liberty Street between Atlantic and Hanna Ave. The Liberty Village Farmers’ Marker returns on the first weekend of June for the 2013 summer and fall season!
- Check out Ate by Ate’s Liberty Village Farmers’ Market posts!
- Website: http://www.my-market.ca/liberty.html
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/ilibertyvillage @ilibertyvillage, http://twitter.com/GiveMeLibertyTO @GiveMeLibertyTO (Liberty Village BIA)
Savour Toronto Kensington Krawl, June 2. 11:30am-2:30pm. Near Bellevue Square Park in Kensington Market (exact location will be sent upon registration via e-mail). $40 per person (capacity for the tour is 12 people). As a lover of Kensington Market, I can’t tell you how warm and fuzzy this tour makes me! Explore and learn about the culture and history of this eclectic neighbourhood and eat through 6 mouthwatering food spots!
- Website: http://savourtoronto.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SavourToronto , https://www.facebook.com/events/451497988278099/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/SavourToronto @SavourToronto