Address & Hours of Operation: 2417 Yonge Street (north of Eglinton Ave.) in Toronto; open Monday to Sunday from 10am-7pm Monday to Friday, 10am-6pm Saturday, 11am-6pm Sunday || 9340 Bathurst Street (at Rutherford Ave.) in Vaughan; open Monday to Sunday from 11am to 7pm Monday to Saturday, 11am to 6pm Sunday
Prices: $2.85 per cupcake
Ate by Ate’s Top 5: Lemon Drop, Cookie Dough, Lime n’ Licious, Confetti, Eh? (maple)
- The James Brown Cupcake & Red Velvet Cupcake || “Everyone, Meet James Brown & Little Miss Red Velvet From The Cupcake Shoppe!” posted December 2, 2010 || Features the James Brown cupcake, a chocolate cupcake with chocolate buttercream and the Red Velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting.
- The After Ate Cupcake || “After Ate on Ate by Ate – The Cupcake Shoppe’s Minty Chocolate Cupcake” posted December 16, 2010 || Features a 2-page scrapbook layout and the After Ate cupcake, a chocolate cupcake with mint buttercream and chocolate sprinkles. Also features David’s Tea Creme Caramel rooibos tea.
- The Naughty n’ Spice Cupcake || “Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice…Or Naughty! Spice Cupcakes and Baked Apple Tea from David’s Tea” posted January 30, 2011 || Features a 2-page scrapbook layout and the Naughty n’ Spice cupcake, a spice cake with cinnamon vanilla buttercream. Also features David’s Tea Baked Apple tea from the winter 2010/11 collection.
- Valentine’s Day Cupcakes || “Valentine’s Day Sweetness – A Rendition of “All I Want Are Cupcakes & Sugar Cookies!” posted February 15, 2011 || Features the vanilla on vanilla Yonge n’ Eligible cupcake and James Brown cupcake decked out in Valentine’s decorations.
- The Cookie Dough Cupcake || “My Version of Milk and Cookies: Cookie Dough Cupcake and Warm Spicy Chocolate Rooibos with Milk” posted March 9, 2011 || Features a 4-page scrapbook layout and the Cookie Dough cupcake, a chocolate chip vanilla cupcake with cookie dough buttercream and chocolate chips. Also features David’s Tea Spicy Chocolate rooibos tea.
- The Lemon Drop Cupcake & Lov’n Lemon Cupcake || “A Tale of Two Lemon Cupcakes From The Cupcake Shoppe: Lov’n Lemon and Lemon Drop” posted June 3, 2011 || Features a 2-page scrapbook layout and The Cupcake Shoppe’s two lemon cupcakes: the Lemon Drop, a vanilla cake with lemon frosting (FAVOURITE!) and the Lov’n Lemon, a vanilla or chocolate cupcake with lemon buttercream (not so great, hence the title A Tale of Two Lemon Cupcakes).
- A Colourful “Gnomey” Summer Cupcake Window Display || “Who’s Your Gnomey? Frost Me Cupcakes and Garden Gnomes on Display at The Cupcake Shoppe” posted July 7, 2011 || Features a photo spotlight on a summer window display at The Cupcake Shoppe with summer garden gnomes and their Frost Me cupcake, a vanilla or chocolate cupcake with bright coloured frosting and gumball on top, changed regularly.
- The Eh? Cupcake || “The Fall Harvest Series – Like a Stack of Fluffy, Golden Pancakes & Syrup! The Eh? Cupcake from The Cupcake Shoppe” posted October 21, 2011 || Features a 2-page scrapbook layout and the Eh? cupcake, a vanilla cupcake with maple frosting and little sprinkles and red coloured sugar sprinkles.
- The Pretty in Pink Cupcake || “For All the Pink Monsters Out There – The “Pretty in Pink” Raspberry Cupcake from The Cupcake Shoppe” posted June 13, 2012 || Features a photo spotlight on the Pretty in Pink cupcake, a raspberry cupcake (beautiful pink-red!) with raspberry buttercream and Nerd candy sprinkles.
- The Lime n’ Licious Cupcake & Summer Picnic Window Display || “Summer of Cupcakes – A Photo Spotlight on Cupcake Picnic Displays & the Lime n’ Licious from The Cupcake Shoppe” posted July 17, 2012 || Features a photo spotlight on the summer seasonal cupcake, Lime n’ Licious, a vanilla cupcake with lime and lemon swirled frosting and a summer picnic cupcake window display.
- The Sleepless in Toronto Cupcake || “Sweet Dreams & Cupcake Slumbers – The Cupcake Shoppe’s Coffee Buttercream Frosted “Sleepless in Toronto” Cupcake!” posted October 12, 2012 || Features the Sleepless in Toronto cupcake, a vanilla or chocolate cupcake with coffee buttercream.
- The Triple Chocolate Fudge Cupcake || “Blowing Kisses to my Fudgy Sweet Tooth – Toasted Walnut David’s Tea & the Triple Chocolate Fudge from The Cupcake Shoppe!” posted March 3, 2013 || Features the Triple Chocolate Fudge cupcake, a chocolate cupcake with chocolate fudge frosting and chocolate chips. Also features David’s Tea Toasted Walnut green tea.
- The Candy Lane Cupcake & Confetti Cupcake || “The Holiday Cupcake Blitz Begins! Fudgy Candy Cane Lane & Sweet Vanilla Confetti from The Cupcake Shoppe!” posted December 7, 2013 || Features the holiday seasonal Candy Cane Lane cupcake, a chocolate cupcake with candy cane peppermint buttercream and candy cane piece, and the Confetti cupcake, a vanilla cupcake with sweet vanilla frosting in bright periwinkle and rainbow confetti sprinkles.