Address & Hours of Operation: 1945 Avenue Road (south of Wilson Ave.) in Toronto; open Monday to Saturday from 11am-6pm, closed on Sundays || 1480 Major Mackenzie Drive West (at the corner of Dufferin St.) in Maple, Vaughan; open Monday to Saturday from 12pm-7pm, closed on Sundays
Prices: $2.90 per cupcake
Ate by Ate’s Top 5: Mint Everest, Lady in Red, Megan’s Mocha Madness, Ooh La La, One Hundred and One
- The Mint Everest Cupcake – March Flavour of the Month || “Mint Everest – Your St. Patty’s Day Cupcake from Short & Sweet Cupcakes!” posted March 16, 2011 ||Features the Mint Everest, a cookies and cream studded vanilla cupcake with mint and cookies and cream frosting.
- The Introduction to Short & Sweet Cupcakes || “Creamy Rich Clouds of Cupcake Heaven – Short & Sweet Cupcakes!” posted March 18, 2011 || Features 4-page scrapbook layout of original Avenue Road location and half a dozen cupcakes including Diamonds & Pearls, Rich in Recession, Short & Sweet, Pierce Brosnan (2nd March Flavour of the Month), Ice Ice Baby, and Penguin Suit.
- The One Hundred and One Cupcake || “April Showers Bring May Flowers…and Cupcakes! ‘One Hundred and One’ Ways to Love Short & Sweet Cupcakes” posted April 26, 2011 || Features 2-page scrapbook layout, Easter display, and the One Hundred and One Cupcake, a cookies and cream studded vanilla cupcake with cookies and cream frosting and Smarties candy.
- Prince William & Kate Cupcakes || “In Honour of the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate…Royalty Love Cupcakes Too, Right?” posted April 28, 2011 || Features Short & Sweet’s Royal Wedding window display.
- The Orange Chocolate Chip Cupcake – April Flavour of the Month, Part I || “Zesty, Fruity, Creamy, Chocolately – The Orange Chocolate Chip Cupcake & Its Friends from Short & Sweet, Part I” posted May 29, 2011 || Features photo spotlight on the April Flavour of the Month and half a dozen cupcakes including So Fresh, BBM, Black & White Affair, Diamonds & Pearls, and Blueberry Yum Yum.
- The Orange Chocolate Chip Cupcake – April Flavour of the Month, Part II || “Zesty, Fruity, Creamy, Chocolately – The Orange Chocolate Chip Cupcake & Its Friends from Short & Sweet, Part II” posted May 30, 2011 || Features 4-page scrapbook layout and the April Flavour of the Month, an orange-vanilla chocolate chip cupcake with orange-vanilla frosting and chocolate topping.
- Short & Sweet Cupcakes’ Move to Current Avenue Road Location || “Short & Sweet Cupcakes Has Found a New Home on Avenue Road!” posted July 29, 2011 || News update on their move to their now current location, 1945 Avenue Road (original location on Old Orchard Glove several blocks south).
- The Sprinkler Cupcake || “Even Better Than a Donut – The Rainbow Bright Sprinkler Cupcake from Short & Sweet Cupcakes!” posted September 7, 2011 || Features 2-page scrapbook layout and The Sprinkler Cupcake, a vanilla cupcake with vanilla frosting covered in rainbow pareils sprinkles.
- Short & Sweet Cupcakes’ Relocation Grand Opening Party || “Pink & Black Balloons, Mini Cupcakes and Lots of Sprinkles – It’s a Cupcake Party in Short & Sweet’s New Digs!” posted September 16, 2011 || Features photos from their grand opening party of their now current location at 1945 Avenue Road.
- Hallowe’en Cupcakes & The Pumpkin Spice Cupcake – October Flavour of the Month || “Hallowe’en Headquarters: A Frosted Sprinkled Party of Orange, White, Purple & Black at Short & Sweet Cupcakes!” posted November 2, 2011 || Features Short & Sweet’s Hallowe’en displays, cupcakes and the October Flavour of the Month, Pumpkin Spice cupcake, a pumpkin cupcake with cream cheese frosting.
- Valentine’s Day Cupcakes and The Lady in Red Cupcake – February Flavour of the Month || “Mountains of Pink Frosting and Red Roses – Slow-Dancing with ‘Lady in Red’ and Valentine’s at Short & Sweet!” posted February 13, 2012 || Features Short & Sweet’s Valentine’s displays, cupcakes and the February Flavour of the Month, Lady in Red cupcake, a strawberry-vanilla cupcake with strawberry-vanilla frosting and heart candy topper.
- The Ooh La La Cupcake || “Ooh La La! The Ravishing Raspberry Red Velvet at Short & Sweet Cupcakes” posted May 3, 2013 || Features the Ooh La La cupcake, a red velvet cupcake with raspberry filling and cream cheese frosting.