Welcome to the shiny and new Cupcake Chronicles feature page! This is a comprehensive look at all the cupcakes, cupcakes stories and news Ate by Ate has profiled since Ate by Ate’s humble beginnings in November 2010. I wanted to give you all a different kind of experience searching for posts on the blog so instead of having to sift through posts if you don’t have the time, these feature pages are your holy grails (I’ll be hard at work on Foodie Districts, Breakfast & Weekend Brunch and Tea in TO feature pages as well!). You will find separate feature pages for Prairie Girl Bakery, Short & Sweet Cupcakes and The Cupcake Shoppe (just hover over the Cupcake Chronicles tab on the main toolbar up at the top and the dropdown menu will pop up) and both Desmond & Beatrice and Flour Studio on this main page. Keep checking back as this is a work in progress; the Wedding Cake Shoppe and Yummy Stuff will be added really soon. Enjoy!
Address & Hours of Operation: 750 Queen Street East (one block east of Broadview Ave. in the Riverside District in Toronto); open Monday to Sunday from 10am-7pm || Prices: $2.75 per cupcake
Ate by Ate’s Top Picks: Very Vanilla, Double Chocolate, Mint Patty, Earl Grey (with honey lemon frosting)
- The Introduction to the Desmond & Beatrice Bake Shop & Cupcakery, Part I || “Sugar & Sprinkles – Cupcakes, Baked Treats, and the Sweet Things in Life at Desmond & Beatrice, Part I” posted May 2, 2012 || Features an introduction to Desmond & Beatrice and a Part I photo spotlight featuring photos of their red velvet, chocolate chip on chocolate, vanilla and mint chocolate cupcakes.
- An Introduction to the Desmond & Beatrice Bake Shop & Cupcakery, Part II – The Very Vanilla Cupcake || “Polka Dot Rainbow Sprinkles & Fantastical, Fresh, Creamy Vanilla Cupcakes at Desmond & Beatrice, Part II” posted May 3, 2012 || Features the 2nd part to the Desmond & Beatrice intro and their really awesome Very Vanilla cupcake, a vanilla cupcake with thick and creamy vanilla frosting and rainbow sprinkles.
- The Double Chocolate Cupcake || “Sundays Just Got a Whole Lot Sweeter – The $2 Cupcake, Tart, Square & Cookie Bonanza at Desmond & Beatrice!” posted August 23, 2012 || Features their special Sunday promo at the time of the post (will have to ask and see if this promo still runs!) and the Double Chocolate cupcake, a fudgy chocolate chocolate with rich chocolate frosting – a brownie in the body of a cupcake.
- The Earl Grey Honey Lemon Cupcake || “The Cupcake Connection, Vol. 007 – My Cup of Cupcake Tea! The Lemon Earl Grey at Desmond & Beatrice and Tea Cupcakes in the City” posted November 9, 2012 || Features the 7th installment of The Cupcake Connection with a list of tea flavoured and inspired cupcakes around the city, including Desmond & Beatrice’s Earl Grey cupcake, an Earl Grey tea-infused cupcake with honey lemon frosting and sugared sprinkles.
Address & Hours of Operation: 883 Eglinton Ave. West (west of Bathurst St.) in Toronto; open Wednesday to Sunday from 10am-6pm Wednesday to Saturday, 10am-3pm Sunday; closed on Mondays and Tuesdays || Prices: $2.50 (originals) or $3.00 (special flavours) per cupcake
Ate by Ate’s Top Picks: Strawberry Vanilla, Oreo Marble
- Introduction to Flour Studio, Part I ||“Purple and Pink and All Things Sweet & Pretty – The Beautifully Frosted Cupcakes From Flour Studio, Part I” posted August 18, 2011 || Features a photo spotlight introduction to Flour Studio with photos of the bake shop and their cupcake displays.
- Lemon Raspberry Cupcake & Strawberry Vanilla Cupcake – Flour Studio Introduction, Part II || “One Lemon Raspberry and One Ballerina Tutu Strawberry! Cupcakes at the Sweet & Pretty Lilac Flour Studio, Part II” posted August 19, 2011 || Features 4-page scrapbook layout and lemon raspberry cupcake, a vanilla raspberry cupcake with lemon frosting and fresh raspberry, and strawberry vanilla cupcake, a vanilla cupcake with thick, strawberry frosting and coloured sugar sprinkles.
- Springtime Cupcake Photo Spotlight at Flour Studio || “A Burst of Spring Colour & Sugar – Cupakes & Adorable Accessories at Flour Studio, Part I” posted March 30, 2012 || Features a photo spotlight on Flour Studio’s spring cupcakes and displays including their red velvet, mint chocolate, chocolate ganache and decorated sugar cookies.
- Oreo Marble Cupcake || “The Oreo Anniversary Series! Crushed Oreo Cookie Frosting & Marble Cake Cupcakes at Flour Studio, Part II” posted April 1, 2012 || Features the Oreo Cupcake (as part of Ate by Ate’s Oreo Anniversary Series), a vanilla-chocolate marble cupcake with vanilla frosting covered in crushed Oreo cookies.
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcake || “The Cupcake Connection, Vol. 006 – The Fall Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice Edition!” posted October 17, 2012 || Features the 6th installment of The Cupcake Connection listing pumpkin cupcakes around the city includig Flour Studio’s pumpin spice cupcake, a pumpkin cupcake with cream cheese frosting and a sprinkle of cinnamon.