It may be below zero out but I am all warm and fuzzy inside because I am absolutely ECSTATIC and bouncing off the walls over Fresh’s brand spankin’ NEW location opening this summer! For those of you already know, jump up and down with me! For those who don’t, start jumping up and down with glee now! Fresh is expanding, opening a beautiful new location uptown in the Yonge & Eglinton neighbourhood right at the intersection of Eglinton Ave. East and Dunfield Ave. Expected opening? Just in time for the gorgeous, sun-kissed season of summer.
I should have posted this exciting news back in December when I first found out, but we all know I was hardly here so better late than never! My breath literally caught in my throat when I found out the news from Fresh’s December newsletter. One of my favourite restaurants opening a new location in one of my favourite neighbourhoods in the city? PURE GOLD. I cannot wait. The patio area is going to be spectacular (just look at it! Envision patio tables and chairs and sipping freshly blended juices out here! Ignore the snow. It’s ugly and it needs to go away, like, NOW). And even after all my Fresh meals and visits, I am far from exhausting their menu and I am so looking forward to trying something I’ve never tried before at this new location. It’s only appropriate! Here’s what’s on my to-eat list (taken straight off their online menu) at Fresh!
- All-Star Salad ($12) – quinoa & adzuki bean tabouleh on shredded raw kale with goji berries, Toasted Nut & Seed Mix, parsley, cilantro, sunflower sprouts, grilled sweet potato & tofu steaks
- California Classic Salad ($12) – quinoa & adzuki bean tabouleh on shredded raw kale with goji berries, Toasted Nut & Seed Mix, parsley, cilantro, sunflower sprouts, grilled sweet potato & tofu steaks
- Sam Houston Burrito ($10) – slow cooked soy & sweet potato taco filling, sautéed peppers & onions, salsa, avocado chipotle sauce, lettuce and alfalfa sprouts
- Powerhouse Bowl (with either brown rice, $14 or soba noodles, $16) – avocado, chick peas & grilled tofu steaks with sunflower sprouts, Toasted Nut & Seed Mix, tomato, red onion & spicy tahini sauce
- Dragon Bowl (with either brown rice, $14 or soba noodles, $16. Also available in baby size. Rice, $10. Soba noodles, $11) – grilled tomato, zucchini & tofu steaks with rich miso gravy, sesame seeds, cilantro & green onions
- Energy Bowl (with either brown rice, $14 or soba noodles, $16. Also available in baby size. Rice, $10. Soba noodles, $11) – marinated tofu cubes, rich coconut curry sauce, chick pea & vegetable stew, cucumber, tomato, red onion, sunflower sprouts & tahini sauce
- Brunch Burrito (weekend brunch only, $11) – scrambled tofu with tempeh bacon, tomato, lettuce, alfalfa & house mayo in a grilled whole wheat tortilla served with your choice of soup, salad or home fries
- Banana Nut Pancakes and Blueberry Almond Pancakes (weekend brunch only; double for $8, triple for $10)
I will consider my mission accomplished if I can even check two options off this list! It’s just a never-ending list of scrumptious wants, especially when you factor in how much I love creating my own custom bowls too!
Summer can’t come soon enough.
Fresh currently serves 3 locations in downtown Toronto:
326 Bloor St. West (right off the intersection of Spadina Ave. and Bloor St. West, just east of Spadina)
894 Queen St. West (at the intersection of Crawford St. and Queen St. West, near Trinity Bellwoods Park)
147 Spadina Ave. (near the intersection of Spadina Ave. and Queen St. West, a block south of Queen)