Like I wouldn’t have a fun, sparkly, all-sorts-of-pretty-cupcake for you all on New Year’s Eve! I’m bopping around to music coming from every corner of my house and in t-minus half an hour, I’ll be ringing in the new year from Toronto with a full tummy of pizza and a heart full of happy. 2011 has been another year full of so many highs and lows and so many changes, and I feel like I’ve come out of it more content and stronger. I kicked my Master’s thesis in the butt and graduated, closed and moved on from the grad school chapter of my life, started a whirlwind of a journey with Le Dolci, celebrated Ate by Ate’s 1st birthday, celebrated the 2nd anniversary with my sweetheart of almost 3 years, made a Twitter account, became a member and contributor to Food Bloggers of Canada, made over 60 food scrapbook layouts, and made so many wonderful friends while watching my current close friendships grow stronger.
Just the other day, I clicked on last year’s New Year’s Eve post and read through it, only to realize I had a list of things I wanted to do and accomplish over the year up on the blog! I completely forgot I even had such a list! I know many people make new year’s resolutions, but I’m a much bigger fan of making lists of things to do and accomplish throughout the year because it makes it so much more fun to always have things to look forward to! Without even remembering or realizing it, I knocked out each and every single thing on that list and I couldn’t be more thrilled!
I did one Winterlicious event and one Summerlicious (which I didn’t even post about yet, foreshame!), visited so many cupcakeries I had them coming out of my ears (but in an insanely good way!), attended farmers’ markets up the wazoo, did Tasty Thursdays 3 times, drank enough tea from David’s Tea, Tealish, Steeped & Infused, Windsor Arms, and other tea shops to fill a hydro tower, got my cooking baking on with my magazines, cookbooks, and favourite foodie murder mysteries by Joanne Fluke, and opened myself up to so many new and wonderful food experiences which you all witnessed here on the blog. Here’s a fresh batch of things I want to do, see, eat, and accomplish during 2012!
- Reach 100 food scrapbook layouts. It’s a tall order, but I can do it and I am going to have a damn fun time doing it!
- Enjoy more weekend brunches! I love weekend brunch but don’t get to go out for it as much as I want, so once I nail that fabulous, sought after job, I’m going to try to do two a month!
- Get to the farmers’ markets I missed this past year. Yes, there are markets I haven’t visited! I know it seems like I was all over the map (well, more like the city) this past spring, summer, and fall, but there are indeed markets I didn’t even make one visit to, so we’ll see how many new ones I can get to this year!
- Visit more cupcakeries in York Region! It seems kind of silly to say this considering I live in Markham, but that’s exactly why. I’ve been to so many in Toronto and it’s time I start introducing York Region’s cupcakeries to my sweet teeth.
- Do a Green Tea Desserts series and a Nutella series!
- That’s all I can think of right now, so I’ll just end the list here by saying enjoying life to the fullest and being happy, always.
To everyone who reads and to everyone who’s been so supportive of Ate by Ate, thank you for a wonderful 2011. Happy new year and all my best wishes for an amazing 2012!