Happy New Year, everyone! It’s been a whirlwind of a year with so many highs and lows. I am so looking forward to the new year and my heart gets all warm and fuzzy just thinking about all the things I want to do, all the things I want to see, and all the things I want to eat! 😀 Although there were wonderful, happy memories from 2010 like celebrating the first anniversary with the love of my life and getting to meet some of my sweet online friends in the flesh for the first time, I am more than ready to move on and put 2010 in a time capsule. Cherish and take away the good, leave behind the bad. Every year is a growth year and I come out of it learning more, loving more, and more determined than ever to enjoy life more fully.
I know I’m not the only one who loves making lists and I’m constantly making new ones for places I want to try, places I want to go back to, new ideas for layouts…it’s never ending! Here’s my own personal list of all the foodie stuff I’m looking forward to in 2011!
- Winterlicious in January/February and Summerlicious in July! Pft, like I would miss a price fixe fest, c’mon!
- Hitting up as many cupcakeries as possible. In the back of my mind is the voice of my mother who mutters about things like diabetes and rotting teeth. I swear I’m not that bad!
- Fresh Wednesdays at Nathan Phillips Square and all farmer’s markets. Ahh, just think of all the fresh fruits, vegetables, and bread!
- Tasty Thursdays at Nathan Phillips Square. $5 lunches, I will be there. Again. And again.
- Baking cookies from my favourite foodie murder mysteries by Joanne Fluke.
- More Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives marathons on The Food Network. My brother and I just kill ourselves with hunger watching this.
- Tea! Upcoming collections from David’s Tea and enjoying more afternoon tea lunches. Pinkies up!
- Trying new things. Always. And enjoying every eating moment with friends, family, and my honey, Richard.
Cheers to a bright new year!